Grilling Perfection: Unveiling the Timeless Charms of Classic Chicken BBQ
- 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
Procedure: Classic Chicken BBQ
- In a bowl, mix barbecue sauce, minced garlic, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Place chicken thighs in a resealable plastic bag and pour half of the barbecue sauce mixture over them. Seal the bag and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
Marinating the Chicken:
- Prepare Marinade:
- In a bowl, whisk together olive oil, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard, honey, minced garlic, smoked paprika, onion powder, dried oregano, salt, and black pepper.
- Marinate Chicken:
- Place chicken thighs in a large resealable plastic bag or a shallow dish. Pour the marinade over the chicken, ensuring each piece is well coated. Seal the bag or cover the dish, refrigerate, and let it marinate for at least 2 hours or overnight for optimal flavor.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Grill the chicken thighs for about 6-8 minutes per side or until cooked through.
- Brush the chicken with the remaining barbecue sauce mixture during the last few minutes of grilling.
Making the Barbecue Sauce:
- Combine Ingredients:
- In a saucepan, combine ketchup, brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, molasses, Dijon mustard, smoked paprika, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper.
- Simmer the Sauce:
- Bring the mixture to a gentle simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Simmer for 10-15 minutes until the sauce thickens slightly. Adjust the seasoning to your liking.
Grilling the Chicken:
- Preheat the Grill:
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
- Grill the Chicken BBQ:
- Remove chicken from the marinade and grill over direct heat, turning occasionally, for approximately 20-25 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F (74°C).
- Brush with Barbecue Sauce:
- During the last 10 minutes of grilling, brush the chicken with the barbecue sauce, turning and basting to create a flavorful glaze.
- Once the Chicken BBQ is cooked through and has a beautiful caramelized glaze, remove it from the grill. Optionally, garnish with fresh chopped parsley before serving.
Enjoy your Classic Barbecue Grilled Chicken BBQ with its perfectly seasoned and caramelized exterior, and tender, juicy interior. It’s a timeless favorite for any barbecue gathering!